“XR, AI and the Future of Technology” was the last events that Antony Vitillo and I have organized for AWE Nite Florence. The event took place in April 20th, 2023, and the expert panelists were: LOUIS ROSENBERG, GIANLUCA IADEMA, PIERO FIORETTI – Welcome, opening and debate by CECILIA LASCIALFARI and ANTONY VITILLO.
These are the topics talking about during the event:
– What are the risks of using AI? Should we be concerned with setting rules?
– How is the AI sector engaging the XR sector and how is the AI Sector engaging the image, music, art and literature industries?
– How can new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, NFT, Metaverse change the very essence of what we consider art?
– Do we need guardrails to ensure the AI-powered metaverse is magical but not manipulative?
– Can we combine AI and XR, to create whatever comes to mind, unlocking better communication and a faster idea to realize?
This is the video of the event, which you can find published on the AWE YouTube Channel and on the ARea6DoF YouTube Channel:
These are the highlights of the event:
0:00:00 – Presentation by AWE (slide) by ANTONY VITILLO
0:01:56 – Welcome & Introduction by CECILIA LASCIALFARI | Co-Founder ARea6DoF | Creative Technologist | Event Organizer AWE Nite Florence
0:06:58 – Presentation by ANTONY VITILLO | Co-Founder The Ghost Howls | Co-Founder New Technology Walker Co-Organizers AWE Nite Florence
0:07:50 – CECILIA LASCIALFARI presents GIANLUCA IADEMA
0:08:15 – GIANLUCA IADEMA – Director of Iadema Studio, Composer, Sound & Multimedia Artist Performer, (Italy) – “How new technologies as Artificial Intelligence, NFT, Metaverse can change the very essence of what we consider art”
Gianluca Iadema is focused on composition, sound and multimedia art, audiovisual work, performances and installations, Iadema Studio is a place for invention, creativity and innovation. Our interest relies on an artistic typology that takes into account all its expressions: sound, video, sculpture, including performance, light design and everything in between.
LINKEDIN: IADEMA STUDIO – LINKEDIN: GIANLUCA IADEMA – INSTAGRAM: GIANLUCA IADEMA FACEBOOK: GIANLUCA IADEMA
00:29:32 – ANTONY VITILLO presents PIERO FIORETTI
0:30:12 – PIERO FIORETTI – Co-Founder and CEO of Versy AI (Italy) – “Turning dreams into reality with AI and XR”
Piero Fioretti is a lifelong gamer that happened to become an entrepreneur from the age of 20. Since then he’s been working on multiple startups in the fields of business networking, hackathons and computer graphics for movies and games. A year ago he founded Versy AI, a company focused on creating technologies to enable a wider adoption of the metaverse. The latest technology that Versy is developing is called Text-to-Space, an AI model that enables companies to create 3D experiences from a text prompt.
VERSY: Business Metaverse with ROI: www.versytechnologies.com
LINKEDIN VERSY – LINKEDIN: PIERO FIORETTI
0:40:18 – CECILIA LASCIALFARI presents LOUIS ROSENBERG
0:40:51 – LOUIS ROSENBERG – CEO & Chief Scientist of Unanimous AI, Chief Scientist of Responsible Metaverse Alliance, and Global Technology Advisor of XRSI, California (USA) – “The Metaverse powered by Generative AI could be a Magical and Dangerous Place”
Dr. Louis Rosenberg is an early pioneer in the fields of virtual and augmented reality. His work began in 1991 in VR labs at Stanford, NASA, and Air Force Research Laboratory where he developed the first interactive Mixed Reality system, the Virtual Fixtures platform. In 1993 he founded the early VR company Immersion Corporation. In 2004 he founded the early AR company Outland Research. In 2014 he founded the AI company Unanimous AI.
TWITTER: LOUIS ROSENBERG – LINKEDIN: LOUIS ROSENBERG
0:57:38 – Final Q&A with ANTONY VITILLO | Co-Founder The Ghost Howls| Co-Founder New Technology Walker Co-Organizers AWE Nite Florence
0:58:13 – ANTONY VITILLO question to LOUIS ROSENBERG
0:58:34 – LOUIS ROSENBERG answer
1:00:01 – ANTONY VITILLO question to GIANLUCA IADEMA
1:01:05 – GIANLUCA IADEMA answer
1:02:50 – ANTONY VITILLO question to PIERO FIORETTI
1:03:47 – PIERO FIORETTI answer
1:05:20 – ANTONY VITILLO question to LOUIS ROSENBERG
1:05:46 – LOUIS ROSENBERG answer
1:06:42 – Closing by ANTONY VITILLO
1:07:07 – Closing by CECILIA LASCIALFARI | Co-Founder ARea6DoF | Creative Technologist | Event Organizer AWE Nite Florence | Cecilia Lascialfari on Linkedin | Cecilia Lascialfari on Twitter
AWE USA 2023
See you at the next appointment of AWE:
- May 31-June 2, 2023 –AWE USA 2023 – Santa Clara, California
- August 30-31 – AWE Asia 2023 – Singapore, Asia
- 24-25 Oct, 2023 – AWE EU 2023 – Vienna, Austria
- All year, Globally – AWE Nites
- Online Classes – AWE Academy
- ALWAYS ON COMMUNITY – AWE.LIVE
- AWE.LIVE | Non-Stop Streaming of XR Content
AWE IS THE MOST TRUSTED BRAND IN XR SINCE 2010
Since 2010 over 5000 companies and 60,000 professionals have trusted AWE to connect, learn and grow their business in the XR ecosystem.
Join this inspiring community of XR professionals that brings together:
- End-users and solution providers,
- Investors and startups,
- Brands and creators and developers,
- Job seekers and recruiters
The AWE community now operates online and offline around the world 365 days a year:
- A series of major conferences and exhibitions (USA, EU, Asia) featuring the leading XR companies and speakers and the best networking in XR
- Year round online mini events and meetups in 25+ cities on awe.live – an always on platform for the XR community to keep the industry growing every day of the year
- Academy classes and workshops with the best instructors from the XR community – to upskill the XR community
- Resources for the XR industry: News digest, talks and demos, Jobs in XR, enterprise research, and events listings
- XR industry’s most prestigious and long standing awards competition – The Auggie Awards
The HQ for everything Spatial Computing including: Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Mixed Reality (MR) and enabling technologies such as Artificial Intelligence-AI, bio-interfaces, haptics, 5G, streaming and more).
AWE USA, which will be held in presence on May 31-June 2, 2023.
BUY A TICKET with 20% discount: AWE USA 2023
AWE Nite Florence – Stay up to date!
Stay up to date with AWE Nite Florence events, and AWE Nite in the World events.
Sign up on AWE.live: https://awe.live/register
- ORI INBAR at “Flying Into The Metaverse Through Books & Culture” – AWE (Augmented World Expo) - 29/05/2023
- SONYA HASKINS at “Flying Into The Metaverse Through Books & Culture” – VR FEMALE WORLD - 26/05/2023
- ALAN SMITHSON at “Flying into the Metaverse Through Books and Culture” – METAVRSE - 23/05/2023