AWE Nite Florence present “XR Gloves, Haptics & Beyond“
AWE Nite Florence present “XR Gloves, Haptics & Beyond”
THURSDAY 17th NOVEMBER 2022 – 6pm CET (5pm GMT – 12pm EST – 9am PST)
featuring expert panelists: JOE MICHAELS, ASHLEY HUFFMAN, GUIDO GIOIOSO.
Welcome by CECILIA LASCIALFARI and ANTONY VITILLO.
Opening by CECILIA LASCIALFARI. Debate by ANTONY VITILLO.
Join us to explore:
- Vision for haptic devices diffusion in the next years and peculiarities of WEART technology and application scenarios
- What you need to know about Haptics – the past, present and speculation!
- The importance and future of realistic touch in the enterprise and industrial metaverse
Start: Thursday 17th November 2022 – 6pm CET (5pm GMT – 12pm EST – 9am PST)
Duration: 1 hour
AGENDA – 6 pm – 7 pm (CET)
2) GUIDO GIOIOSO – Co-Founder of WEART (Italy) – “Vision for haptic devices diffusion in the next years and peculiarities of WEART technology and application scenarios”
Guido Gioioso got his PhD in Robotics and Automation at the University of Siena and was visiting scientist at IIT and Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics in Tübingen.
Author of 20 peer-reviewed papers published on top scientific journals, books and conference proceedings, he focused his research activity on human-inspired robotic manipulation and haptics. Today he is one of the co-founders and Business Leader of WEART, a startup developing revolutionary wearable and portable haptic devices for VR/AR and augmented digital experiences.
WEART: WEART has developed revolutionary wearable haptic gloves (hardware) with interconnected interfaces for spatial computing (software) that revolutionize how VR/AR companies and freelance VR content developers can collaborate and learn in the digital world. WEART’s haptic gloves allow users to further improve their extended Reality (AR/VR) experiences and multimedia contents, with a tactile track added to the audio and video. Furthermore, with its unique patented technologies, WEART makes the haptic experience even more natural and realistic, thus increasing users’ immersion and engagement at an accessible price level.
3) ASHLEY HUFFMAN – Cofounder of Haptics Club podcast and Executive of TITAN Haptics (Canada) – “What you need to know about Haptics – the past, present and speculation!”
Ashley Huffman is an executive at TITAN Haptics who leads the international marketing efforts and strategic partnerships in VR/AR, gaming, and wearables. She’s the founder of the ‘All Things Haptics’ newsletter and a co-founder of The Haptics Club, a podcast created by members of the industry to support education, cooperation and inclusion.
TITAN Haptics develops advanced haptic motors for smartphones, consoles and touchscreen devices. Based on a solid-state magnetic suspension, TITAN’s patented Linear Magnetic Ram (LMR) technology offers a console-like experience in smaller devices, key for delivering virtual buttons and AAA-gaming on portable devices.
TITAN Haptics is a member of industry groups like the Haptics Industry Forum (HIF) for the development of industry standards and unified protocols.
4) JOE MICHAELS – Chief Revenue Officer, HaptX (California) – “The importance and future of realistic touch in the enterprise and industrial metaverse”
Joe Michaels is Chief Revenue Officer at HaptX, where he leads business development, marketing, and sales for the company with the leading haptics solution that brings lifelike touch to VR and robotics. He speaks at events around the world on the topic of haptics in the metaverse.
Joe has decades of business development experience, including as Senior Director of Business Development and Strategy at Microsoft, where he helped create pioneering video and digital content products. He was co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer at Nexchange Corporation which earned numerous U.S. patents related to e-commerce. Joe graduated from Georgetown University and earned his MBA at The Wharton School.
HaptX: Founded in 2012 by Jake Rubin and Dr. Robert Crockett, HaptX builds technology that simulates touch with unprecedented realism. HaptX Gloves enable natural interaction and realistic haptic feedback in virtual reality and robotics for the first time. HaptX is a venture-backed startup with offices in San Luis Obispo, CA and Seattle, WA.
5) Debate with ASHLEY HUFFMAN, GUIDO GIOIOSO, JOE MICHAELS. Moderator of the debate ANTONY VITILLO
6) Closing by ANTONY VITILLO and CECILIA LASCIALFARI
HOW TO JOIN
To join the meetup, follow these 4 easy steps:
- Reserve your spot today on the AWE Nite Florence Meetup page:
- Join the awe.live community at https://awe.live/register and get your free ticket.
- Then visit awe.live to login to the community and set up your profile. On the agenda, RSVP to the AWE Nite Florence event on November 17th by clicking the register button on the session.
For more information visit ARea6DoF.com
Watch the recording and the summary of the last events from AWE Nite Florence:
1) “Overview in the Italian XR Ecosystem”, 28th January 2021 – (Italian – English)
2) “Digital Italian Fashion in XR”, 25th February 2021 (Italian – English)
3) “Augmented and Virtual Psychology”, 25th March 2021 (Italian – English)
4) “Location Based VR & Entertainment in Italy”, 29th April 2021 (Italian –English)
5) “XR Glasses for Enterprise”, 27th May 2021 (English – Italian)
6) “Building the Future of eXtended Reality, Together”, 24th June 2021(English – Italian)
7) “Digital and Virtual Events”, 15th October 2021 (English – Italian)
8) “Digital Rights in the Metaverse”, 10th February 2022 (English – Italian)
9) “METAVERSE: Evolution and Use Cases”, 12th April 2022 (English – Italian)
Here you will find information on AWE XR GLOBAL
Join us to create an international network of Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Curious, Artists, Academics, Programmers… enthusiastic people who together can help Italy’s XR community to grow further!
N.B. The event will be held in English as it will have international relevance. We encourage you to register on Meetup and AWE.LIVE in any case, so that you can receive updates on future events or new opportunities.