Join us to explore:
- What are the risks of using AI? Should we be concerned with setting rules?
- How is the AI sector engaging the XR sector and how is the AI Sector engaging the image, music, art and literature industries?
- How can new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, NFT, Metaverse change the very essence of what we consider art?
- Do we need guardrails to ensure the AI-powered metaverse is magical but not manipulative?
- Can we combine AI and XR, to create whatever comes to mind, unlocking better communication and a faster idea to realize?
These and many other questions will be answered by the speakers of AWE Nite Florence “XR, AI, and the Future of Technology”
Start: Thursday 20Th April 2023 – 6pm CEST (9am PST – 5pm GMT – 12pm EST)
Duration: 1 hour – AGENDA – 6pm – 7pm CEST
2) GIANLUCA IADEMA – Director of Iadema Studio, Composer, Sound & Multimedia Artist Performer, (Italy) – “How new technologies as Artificial Intelligence, NFT, Metaverse can change the very essence of what we consider art”
Gianluca Iadema is focused on composition, sound and multimedia art, audiovisual work, performances and installations, Iadema Studio is a place for invention, creativity and innovation. Our interest relies on an artistic typology that takes into account all its expressions: sound, video, sculpture, including performance, light design and everything in between.
Summary of the speech: “How new technologies as Artificial Intelligence, NFT, Metaverse can change the very essence of what we consider art”
Art should respond to the needs and resources of the contemporary world, focusing on the idea of experience as an understanding of the artwork. As a studio we design projects which investigate the structural correlations between sound and the visual environment connected to the broader philosophical concept of matter, seeking ways in which elements from different sensory fields can be perceived as a single component.
New technologies are not conceived as a medium but as a reservoir from which new artistic possibilities can emerge, by shifting the perspective from the foreground to the background, which becomes the subject. Thus, how new technologies as Artificial Intelligence, NFT, Metaverse can change the very essence of what we consider art?
3) PIERO FIORETTI – Co-Founder and CEO of Versy AI (Italy) – “Turning dreams into reality with AI and XR”
Piero Fioretti is a lifelong gamer that happened to become an entrepreneur from the age of 20. Since then he’s been working on multiple startups in the fields of business networking, hackathons and computer graphics for movies and games. A year ago he founded Versy AI, a company focused on creating technologies to enable a wider adoption of the metaverse. The latest technology that Versy is developing is called Text-to-Space, an AI model that enables companies to create 3D experiences from a text prompt.
Summary of the speech: “Turning dreams into reality with AI and XR”
All of us have dreamed at least once of creating entire worlds just by thinking about them. By combining AI and XR, today we can start to create anything that comes to our mind, unlocking better communication and faster idea-to-realization.
4) LOUIS ROSENBERG – CEO & Chief Scientist of Unanimous AI, Chief Scientist of Responsible Metaverse Alliance, and Global Technology Advisor of XRSI, California (USA) – “The Metaverse powered by Generative AI could be a Magical and Dangerous Place”
Dr. Louis Rosenberg is an early pioneer in the fields of virtual and augmented reality. His work began in 1991 in VR labs at Stanford, NASA, and Air Force Research Laboratory where he developed the first interactive Mixed Reality system, the Virtual Fixtures platform. In 1993 he founded the early VR company Immersion Corporation. In 2004 he founded the early AR company Outland Research. In 2014 he founded the AI company Unanimous AI.
Summary of the speech: “The Metaverse powered by Generative AI could be a Magical and Dangerous Place“
The Metaverse is inevitable and it will be powered by generative AI technologies that enable magical content to be created at scale. Unfortunately, the very same technologies could threaten human agency and turn immersive worlds into an instrument of persuasion, coercion, and manipulation. We need guardrails to ensure the AI-powered metaverse is magical but not manipulative.
UNANIMOUS A.I.: https://unanimous.ai/staff-item/louis-rosenberg-phd/
TWITTER: LOUIS ROSENBERG – LINKEDIN: LOUIS ROSENBERG
At the end of the event the debate about “XR, AI, and the Future of Technology” will be held with Antony Vitillo (moderator), Louis Rosenberg, Gianluca Iadema, Piero Farinetti during which he could interact by asking questions to the speakers present.
Expect a lively meeting, full of ideas, during which you can ask questions in the chat that the speakers will address live.
AWE.LIVE – HOW TO JOIN
To join the meetup, follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Join the awe.live community at https://awe.live/register and get your free ticket
2. Then visit awe.live to login to the community and set up your profile. On the agenda, RSVP to the AWE Nite Florence event on November 17th by clicking the register button on the session.
3. On Thursday 20Th April 2023 – 6pm CEST (9am PST – 5pm GMT – 12pm EST), when the session is LIVE, click Join the Session to view the discussion and network with speakers and attendees!
For more information on AWE Nite Florence visit ARea6DoF.com
Watch the recording and the summary of the last events from AWE Nite Florence:
1) “Overview in the Italian XR Ecosystem”, 28th January 2021 – (Italian – English)
2) “Digital Italian Fashion in XR”, 25th February 2021 (Italian – English)
3) “Augmented and Virtual Psychology”, 25th March 2021 (Italian – English)
4) “Location Based VR & Entertainment in Italy”, 29th April 2021 (Italian – English)
5) “XR Glasses for Enterprise”, 27th May 2021 (English – Italian)
6) “Building the Future of eXtended Reality, Together”, 24th June 2021 (English – Italian)
7) “Digital and Virtual Events”, 15th October 2021 (English – Italian)
8) “Digital Rights in the Metaverse”, 10th February 2022 (English – Italian)
9) “Metaverse: Evolution and Use Cases”, 12th April 2022 (English – Italian),
10) “XR Gloves, Haptics & Beyond”, 17th November 2022 (English – Italian)
Here you will find information on AWE XR GLOBAL
Join us to create an international network of Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Curious, Artists, Academics, Programmers… enthusiastic people who together can help the XR community to grow further!
N.B. The event will be held in English as it will have international relevance. We encourage you to register on Meetup and AWE.LIVE in any case, so that you can receive updates on future events or new opportunities. We are waiting for you!