The nomination of Auggie Awards Winners has just ended, with very interesting new proposals in the XR world! 15 Categories, 283 Nominations, 74 Finalist, 15 Winners, 1 Startup to watch, 3 Nextant Awards by VWS… Auggie Awards, Recognizing Excellence in XR since 2010… presented by Ori Inbar at AWE 2020.
To participate in the contest, it was necessary to create a working software, Hardware or Art application that met the criteria of the Award category of the presentation.
The Jury was composed of: Tom Emrich, Amy Lameyer, Mark Billinghuhrst, Cathly Hackl, Avi Bar-Zeev, Nonny De Le Pena, Alice Bonacio, Tom Furtness, Adario Strange, Tony Parisi, Rick King, Justin Hendrix, Christine Perey, Helen Papagiannis, Bob Fine, Graham Roberts, Mike Boland, Ori Inbar.
The submission of applications for participation took place between 4th December 2019 and 20th April 2020.
The public vote was held from April 21th to May 8th, 2020.
The candidate evaluation took place from 13th to 20th May 2020.
The winner was announced on May 29th during the AWE 2020 online Edition.
And the Winners of 11th Auggie Awards of AWE 2020 Online, are…
- BEST ART OR FILM:
“The Key“ by Lucid Dreams Productions
BEST CONSUMER APP:
- SBB AR App – “The Future of Customer Information” by SBB
BEST DEVELOPER TOOL:
- “AR FOUNDATION” by Unity Technologies
BEST GAME OR TOY:
- “OTHERWORLD HEROES” by Bublar Group
BEST INDIE CREATOR:
- “TANGIBILE UI” by Greg Madison
BEST SOCIETAL IMPACT:
- “SOUNDSHIRT” by CuteCircuit
- “PORTAL With Nreal“ by Meson, inc.
BEST USE OF AI:
- “EVE” by TechSee
BEST CREATOR & AUTHORING TOOL:
- “GRIB3D” by Grib
BEST ENTERPRISE SOLUTION:
- “SPATIAL” by Spatial
BEST INTERACTION SOFTWARE TOOL:
- “THE LION KING VIRTUAL PRODUCTION“ by Magnopus
BEST HEALTCARE & WELLNESS:
- “MEDIVIEW SURGICALNAVIGATION TECHNOLOGY“ by MediView XR, Inc.
BEST INPUT & OUTPUT HARDWARE:
- “LOOKING GLASS 8K IMMERSIVE DISPLAY” by Looking Glass Factory
BEST IN LOCATION-BASED ENTERTAINMENT:
- “UNIVERSAL MONSTERS PRESENTS: BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN HOLORIDE“ by Universal Pictures, holoride, REWIND, and Ford Motor Company.
BEST HEADWORN DEVICE:
- “NREAL LIGHT” by Nreal
STARTUP TO WATCH:
See the 2020 Finalists Public View: FINALIST PUBLIC VIEW
© Credits by 2020 AWE – © 2020 ARea6DoF
- AWE USA 2022 – VIDEO – What happened on the first day? - 02/06/2022
- BENJAMIN DE WIT at “Flying Into The Metaverse Through Books & Culture” –“VRDays Europe’s Immersive Tech Week 2022” - 23/05/2022
- BOB COONEY at “Flying Into The Metaverse Through Books & Culture” – The President of the Metaverse - 11/05/2022